Friday, July 4, 2014

Balanced meal, What's that?



Preparing a well balanced, healthy meal could become overwhelming. Have you ever thought what exactly makes a balanced meal? The following essential components are needed - complex carbohydrates, lean protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and  healthy fats. I have to say the best part for me with isagenix is its a no brainer. During my weight loss stage I have 2 meal replacement shakes and a balanced meal. I simply follow a suggestive guide and include all the categories I mentioned above and bam I have a well balanced meal. You need to have 300-600 calories. 
Its important that you provide your body with a quality source of protein, this will help you feel satisfied longer, support muscle growth, and keep your metabolism going strong. For the optimal amount of protein you should have between 20 to 35 grams per meal. The right amount critical.
Complex carbohydrates provide a steady source of energy which your body needs. 1 cup of cooked oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, or whole-grain pasta are healthy choices. Sweet potatoes, yams, beans, lentils, or a corn tortilla can also provide you with the fuel you need.   Any of these choices are low-glycemic and shouldn’t cause dramatic spikes in blood sugar that could lead to a crash.
Most fruits and vegetables have so few calories and are so densely packed with nutrients, including fiber, that there’s no strict limit to portion size, so adding more can be a great way to raise volume of your meal and help fill you up without over consuming calories. Fill half your plate at each meal with 2 to 3 cups of fruits and vegetables such as apple, pear, berries, broccoli, kale, spinach, steamed vegetables, or a mixed green salad. To add some color to my  plate, I add sliced tomatoes, or bell peppers.

 Healthy fats are important to your body’s health. I love to add pumpkin, sunflower, or sesame seeds to my salads.

Oh don't forget to add spices to your food. Who doesn't want a little flavor like fresh herbs and spices. I add cinnamon to my shakes. I absolutely love it. Plus cinnamon helps to boost your metabolism, same as cayenne pepper. Don't be afraid to spice up your food with seasonings.

So there you have it. A simple way to make sure you are getting a well balanced meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment